Congratulations! You’ve chosen to seek treatment for your vein issues. At Precision Vein Therapeutics, we do our best to ensure a positive treatment experience for our patients. We keep wait times short, and we can answer any questions you may have about your treatment. One of the major concerns our patients often have is how long it will take to recover from a procedure. We make sure to thoroughly provide all the answers our patients need to prepare them for the recovery process.
Recovering from vein treatment typically doesn’t take long. Depending on the type of treatment you receive, it may even be just a few days. Our doctors will always do their best to ensure that you have all the proper aftercare instructions, and our office will be in touch to follow up on how you are feeling after treatment. Even though recovery is fast, it can still be uncomfortable, so we encourage our patients to do their best to relax and allow their bodies to heal. Here are five ways to ease the recovery process.
- Bring someone with you. After many of our treatments, you wouldn’t be able to drive for a day, at least. If you’ve had sedation, you may also feel nauseous or dizzy. Ask a friend or loved one to drive you to the clinic and stay with you after the procedure.
- Put your feet up. The best thing you can do to speed up the healing process is to rest your legs. Watch some movies, take a nap, and stay off your feet.
- Wear compression stockings. Compression stockings will help your body to heal faster. Wear them as much as possible, even at night if you can. Your doctor will outline the recommended wearing guidelines for your specific case.
- Make sure to stretch. Maintaining flexibility and blood flow will be a crucial part of your recovery process. Add light stretching, yoga, or other flexibility exercises to your workout in between treatments to keep your blood flowing.
- Stick with your treatment schedule. Many varicose and spider vein issues require multiple treatments. Your doctor will outline a treatment plan that will help you get the best results. Stick with your timeline, and you’ll see results in no time.
Recovering from a medical procedure is often uncomfortable, but that shouldn’t be a reason to put off treatment. Vein treatment has a speedy recovery time, especially if you follow aftercare instructions correctly. We want to help you feel and look your best, even during recovery. If you have any questions, ask us. We are here to help!