Do you remember how fun it was to run through the grass in your bare feet as a kid? There’s no feeling as freeing as the deep grass pushing up between your toes. Even better is the feeling of sand beneath your feet at the beach!
Any parent of young children can tell you that kids love the feeling – it’s why they fight so hard against wearing shoes! Shoes are great, but we could all take a lesson from our youth. Walking barefoot can be good for you! Here are a few benefits of barefoot walking you may not know.
- It’s better for your balance. Your foot is the ultimate shoe. Your feet are designed for your body and how you stand. When you walk barefoot, you can better control how your feet strike the ground, which helps you maintain your balance. Doctors have even found that walking barefoot can improve your body awareness and help with pain relief.
- It’s better for your body. Walking barefoot helps your body adjust to your natural gait and not how you walk in certain kinds of shoes. This can help improve the mechanics of your hips, knees, and other joints in the legs.
- It helps strengthen your leg muscles. Those nice, comfy shoes are coddling your feet. Walking barefoot helps strengthen your hamstrings and calves because your legs are doing the work and not your shoes.
We all know that when you suffer from leg pain caused by circulatory issues, any relief can help. We always recommend vein treatment. It’s quick, easy, and gets rid of the pain once and for all. But it can’t hurt to try walking around barefoot a little more as well, even just at home. If you want to let your toes feel the breeze, follow these tips.
- Start slow. If you wear shoes all the time, it can feel weird to go barefoot suddenly. So start slow, and take off your shoes at home. After a few weeks of adjusting, you’ll start to like how it feels, and your toes will love the freedom!
- Get a pedicure. If you’re going to be showing off your little piggies, you want to make sure they look good. A pedicure is a great way to treat yourself, make your feet look good, and it’s super relaxing!
- Have fun. Once you start the barefoot life, you’ll never want to go back. Remember, you’re not saying goodbye to shoes for forever, just in the right settings, like at home, on the beach, or in that nice, tall grass.
Summer is here and this year, let your feet be free once in and while. Remember how it felt as a kid and enjoy walking around barefoot on a beautiful day. If you’re nervous to show off your legs and feet, see us to get your varicose or spider veins removed. It’s quick, easy to recover from, and it will make you love walking barefoot even more!