The holidays can be rough, and it looks like this year, they may be even more challenging. The last thing you should have to worry about is dealing with circulatory issues like varicose or spider veins. So we’ve created a holiday survival guide to help you manage your vein health symptoms until you can get treatment.
- Drink lots of water. Water is the best thing for your body and your vein health. It improves circulation and helps reduce painful swelling.
- Watch your sodium intake. All those tasty holiday treats don’t just hurt your waistline. They can also harm your blood pressure and vein health.
- Stay active. Go for a mid-day walk before your holiday meal, go sledding, skating, or do your regular exercise routine. Keep moving, and you’ll feel a lot better.
- Wear your compression stockings. Don’t skip out on wearing your stockings for the holidays. They are the best way you can manage your symptoms without treatment. Make sure to keep them on, especially if you will be traveling long distances.
- Get lots of rest. Sleep helps your body feel better. It may be tempting to stay up late and sleep in, but sticking as much as possible to your regular sleep routine will keep you healthy and strong.
It may not be easy to schedule treatments during the holiday break, but don’t let that stop you! If your goal in this coming new year is to improve your health, start planning your vein treatments now. The start of a new year can be a busy time for our office, so book early. We offer various treatments to reduce the discomfort of varicose veins, spider veins, and venous ulcers.
The holidays are supposed to be fun, but if you’re feeling unwell because of vein health issues, they won’t be. Many of our patients have experienced incredible results. Here’s a recent review from one of our happy clients, Nancy Battle. She writes:
“I am a work in progress since May 2020. So very glad to have Precision Vein in Tuscaloosa. Dr. Barlow is highly skilled and very personable. His consults are thorough, and no question is left unanswered. His practice is family owned and operated. [The] office staff is friendly, discreet, and professional. In the midst of COVID, he makes all the efforts to treat his patients with continuous care and [practice] safe measures. Precision Vein gets five stars!”
If you would like to feel the same happiness and joy that Nancy feels, call us to get started on your own vein treatments. Sometimes it takes several sessions to completely clear a problematic vein issue, so it’s best to get started right away. Give yourself the gift of beautiful, healthy legs this new year!